Recent Job Postings
Empty nester? A job with kids, community & technology
Pleasanton, CA 94566
|Description: theCoderSchool is an after-school drop-off program for students ages 6 to 18
learning to code. We are the #1 after-school coding program in Silicon Valley with
25+ locations nationwide and growing. Our mission is to get kids coding, which
instills a life-long confidence in technology and serves as an incredibly useful,
theCoderSchool is looking for an amazing General Manager (GM) to take our school
to new heights! You will be the captain of your own ship and get the opportunity to:
- Grow a coding community of kids!
- Meet and communicate with parents - many of whom will be techies themselves,
who work at some of the best companies and startups in the Bay Area.
- Meet and communicate with school teachers, PTA parents, and local businesses
to create opportunities for kids to code.
- Be a part of a passionate team of GMs nationwide fueled by our mission to get
more kids to code!
This is a full-time position. A typical school's open hours are weekdays 3:30-
7:30pm and Saturdays 10am-3pm, but GMs frequently work outside of these as
The GM is the person in charge of the day-to-day service and marketing operations
of theCoderSchool. The key responsibilities are to:
- Ensure students are having an engaging and productive learning experience.
- Make families happy (via smooth operations: scheduling, customer service,
- Build the community (via marketing & sales).
- Coordinate events. We host a regular coder fair and set up booths at local events!
Sound awesome? Shoot us an email with a cover letter and resume! You may also
email the hiring manager who currently serves as the coordinator at our Pleasanton
|Requirements: Candidates must be:
- Excited about coding for kids. You genuinely believe in our mission to get kids
coding early and regularly. Like any language, coding is easiest to learn when you
are young and continual practice will solidify confidence in technology and develop
a highly marketable skill.
- Organized. You have a natural sense of orderliness/organization for space and
schedule (keep track of schedule coordination, HR, events, sales & marketing
- Energetic. Your friends and family gravitate towards your warm and positive
- Great with kids. Experience with kids in almost any aspect is very helpful whether
it be teaching, parenting, coaching, mentoring, etc.
Nice to have
Great candidates may also be:
- Experienced in CS & education. We can train you on how to hire and manage your
technical coaches if you are not technical, but a rockstar GM has a technical and
education (tutoring or the like) background to support the students' learning
experiences and even coach students several hours per week.
- An event Ring-leader. You love to bring people together by organizing activities
and events. This is a coding community where we can create new camps, hack-a-
thons, workshops, game nights etc to expand the school's presence in the
- Naturally inclined to outreach. The best GMs are natural advocates for our mission
and thrive on outreach and community building. Sky is the limit with revenue
sharing if you are organized and you like to hustle. |
|Special Instructions: Email the school by visiting the school's website:
www.thecoderschool.com/pleasanton and look for the email address. |
Begin A New Search